Jasper Springs Ranch LLC “JSR” houses approximately 50 horses inside a heated facility. Boasting three stall barns equipped with large and standard size stalls with auto waterers.
Each horse is turned out daily weather permitting with others of same gender ensuring their safety and satisfying their need as a herding animal. At JSR we try to make your life just a little less stressful, with confidence knowing knowledgeable staff is providing professional care.
Need some basics improved in the 60 foot round pens, there are a couple.
Main arena is 240′ x 150′ Indoor heated and vented Indoor and outdoor lighted arena. Worried about the heat, we always have a nice breeze here at the ranch and the evenings are exquisite for all kinds of practice. We live on the property so there is never a worry about your partner.
We offer several Improved large turnout pastures (smaller ones are also available) for your horse to ensure that your horse is placed with a herd that fit’s its personality and temperament. Our barn was created with airflow in mind and space in each stall for the boarder to keep there equipment. Tack rooms are secure and huge for your special needs. Both barns boast an area for bathing along with hot and cold water.
Washers and dryers are in both A and C barn. B barn is used for show rental units
At Jasper Springs Ranch we welcome all breeds & sizes and ages at our equine boarding facility with many World champions.Available long term or for short stays, overnight boarding, lay-ups, retirement, extended stays.
The range of training techniques and training goals is large, but basic animal training concepts apply to all forms of horse training. Jasper Springs features world class and Olympic training all levels of eventing in today’s more technical format with proven winning instructors.The initial goal of most types of training is to create a horse that is safe for humans to handle (under most circumstances) and able to perform a useful task for the benefit of humans. JSR offers world class training instruction for the competitor wanting to compete in many disciplines for all the show circuits and win at the world Shows. We also have Olympic completion horses in training as well that are owned privately for their sons Olympic aspirations.
A few specific considerations and some basic knowledge of horse behavior helps a horse trainer be effective no matter what school or discipline is chosen:
- Safety is paramount: Horses are much larger and stronger than humans, so must be taught behavior that will not injure people.
- Horses, like other animals, differ in brain structure from humans and thus do not have the same type of thinking and reasoning ability as human beings. Thus, the human has the responsibility to think about how to use the psychology of the horse to lead the animal into an understanding of the goals of the human trainer.
- Horses are social herd animals and, when properly handled, can learn to follow and respect a human leader.
- Horses, as prey animals, have an inborn fight or flight instinct that has to be adapted to human needs. Horses need to be taught to rely upon humans to determine when fear or flight is an appropriate response to new stimuli and not to react by instinct alone.
- Like most animals, a young horse will more easily adapt to human expectations than an older one, so human handling of the horse from a very early age is generally advised.
- At JSR you can ride your horse anytime regardless of the weather inside our Fully enclosed 230′ x 120′ heated and cooled riding arena. Arena is groomed daily and lit with metal halide lamps, also sin light is allowed through light panel wall inserts and the arena has 11 each rollup doors, allowing a nice breeze flow through. The HVAC system is state of the art with maximum heat taking 5 minutes to talk the chill off, and heat to desired temp. design offers structural rigidity and a sense of openness.
- Our large 250′ x 120′ outdoor arena is a wonder to ride in year round with 10ea LED 14,000 lumens for lighting at night.